Open burning is permitted on Mayne Island for the 2020 / 2021 burning season.
More information about open burning on Mayne Island can be found here: Burning Regulations
Please be mindful of the smoke that you are producing as a result of open burning. Smoke in the air may negatively affect the people around you, especially those who suffer from respiratory illness.
Mayne Island Fire Rescue and the Mayne Island Improvement District have taken many safety measure in an effort to protect our emergency responders from exposure to COVID-19.
- Physical distancing and other safety measures are in place during fire practice and training.
- New procedures for responding to emergencies have been implemented.
- Additional personal protective equipment (PPE) has been acquired.
- Access to the Fire Hall and Improvement District offices has been limited.
- Regular decontamination of the building and equipment is in place.
Below is a list of links for additional information relate to COVID-19: